This time of the year is is busy busy! There’s lots of decorating, shopping, meal prepping, traveling etc. One thing that usually get’s left till the last minute is wrapping the gifts. Wrapping paper doesn’t have to be a roll of paper from the store! There’s many creative ways to present a gift. Luckly, this month’s Junk Revision Challenge is just that!
You guys!! I’m excited to join the “My Home Style” gals, hosted by the lovely Casa Watkins. This month’s style is about showcasing our christmas tree! I just adore christmas, our tree and decorating. This my friends, is right up my alley.
If you’re coming over from Roots North and South, hello and welcome!
The three words I chose to describe our tree is retro, vintage and rustic. I wouldn’t necessarily describe our home this way, (subtract the retro) but this christmas vignette is my favorite in the house! We have three trees in our home, this one, one in Eva’s play room and then our family/memory DIY tree in the living room.
Hello and welcome! This Holiday Season has already been so much fun with this blog! Last week, I shared Part 1 & Part 2 of my Holiday Home Tour. Also, you can link up your Christmas Tour at The Christmas Link Up. No tour to share? No biggie, head over for some holiday magic. I can tour homes for hours! #Love
Today I’m sharing a project that’s been on my mind for a while. When Hometalk and Country Living teamed up for the Home for Christmas Hop, I jumped right on it knowing exactly what I was going to do. Thanks again for hosting Hometalk and Country Living! And, special thanks to Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for organizing this amazing hop!
Are you getting into the Christmas Spirit yet? I know I am! All these beautiful home tours, I’m totally loving it. The Holiday season brings such coziness to my heart. From the trees, lights and snow, it’s all so magical to me. Decorating our home is something I just adore. Obviously, I have a home decor blog, right? Speaking of blogs! A team of bloggers and I have been show casing ours home ALL week. Today is the last day of our hop, so please, enjoy my tour and then tour all the other tours posted throughout the week. A BIG thanks to Carrie at Lovely Etc. for hosting this amazing tour and giveaway! Yup, I said giveaway. At the bottom of this post, be sure to enter to win $500 cash!
Today I’m sharing an easy and trendy up cycled project that you could add to your Christmas tree. I simply turned a thrift store flannel shirt into Christmas tree garland. Let’s check it out.
Now, back to link party! By linking projects, your creativity and passion for home decorating will be shown across 5 blogs! We will also comment, share, and pin your post!
Here are your hostesses! Each hostess has a different home design style, which makes this party so unique to you. We welcome all sorts of home design styles and projects, because we all can use a bit of inspiration.
Each hostess chose 2-3 of their favorite projects from last month’s party to feature, so you will want to make sure to check each blog to see if your project was one of the featured favorites! Make sure to grab a button if your home or project is featured!
MY favorites for November were:
Charm Bracelet Diva’s Thrift Store Lamp Turned Vintage Christmas Decor.
Just the Bees Knees DIY Pom Pom Trim Stockings.
Sadie Seasongoods Salad Bowl Pumpkin Box.
Ok, now it’s your turn to link up your amazing projects for December! Be sure to check our social media channels as we will be posting your projects all through the month!
1. Follow each hostess in any one or all social media accounts.
You’ll want to follow us to see if we feature your work!
2. Link up your 2-3 of your posts or pictures below.
You don’t have to have a blog to participate! Simply upload up your pictures using the same link below.
3. Share the love by displaying our party button or link back with text.
4. Let’s support our fellow home decorators by clicking on a few of the other shared projects and leaving an encouraging comment.
Let’s not link up and leave. Stay a bit and check out the other projects. You may get inspiration for your own project!
Good morning! I’m guessing some of you just finished with Domicile37’s Holiday Tour! If you haven’t visted their home, please do. If you’re new, thanks for stopping by. Today, I have a very special treat for you all. I’m excited to share our Holiday Home Tour. Warning: Picture.overload. A special thank you to Sharon, our host, over at Pretty Practical Home. This is the first of two Holiday tours this years so please check back for part two this Friday. I’ll be sharing MORE of our home then. I’d like to describe our Christmas decor style this year as vintage, retro and simple!
Tablescapes were never a “thing” for me until recently. Now, I really enjoy pulling items together to create a cozy and inviting table. One table in particular, the Thanksgiving table. There’s something about gathering with friends and family and enjoying one of the most comforting meals, ever. Then of course, crashing on the couch and a game of rock-paper-scissors to try and get out of dish duty …..
This month’s Create and Share DIY challenge is Thanksgiving Tablescape with a DIY project mixed in. Be sure to view all the other tablescapes and projects listed at the bottom of my post.
Yes, another basket project! You guys, I can’t get enough of them.
(Basket Wall Art HERE)
(DIY Welcome Sign HERE)
I have a stock pile of baskets from the thrift store. In my eyes, you can’t have enough. Right?! Some gal pals and I put together a Thanksgiving Craft Hop! This is part of our Instagram game #HomeForTheFallidays. Are you playing a along? Check me out over on Instagram HERE.
Last month we did a Halloween Craft Hop and I completed a DIY Spooky Village from thrift Christmas houses. Check that daddy out HERE.
Back to the BASKET! I Found this really large one. Ohhhh I like it!
Happy Monday! It’s a new week and more items to check off my to do list! We have been busy bees over here completing the formal dining room and entryway/hallway. All the wainscoting and board and batten is painted. I ordered a rug yesterday for the formal dining room, yah! It’s so exciting putting a new room together. Not only have I been busy with the house, I’ve also started tackling my Christmas list. Yup, early! That never happens. So, with time on my side, I decided to get CRAFTY with our gift giving this year. I’m complied a small, but awesome list of DIY toddler gift ideas that would make any little one’s eye glow!
By the way, HOMEMADE gifts rock, right? There’s some much time, thought, enery and love wrapped in there. All gifts are lovely, don’t get me wrong!
Good morning and happy Monday! If you stumbled on me from the link party, welcome. I’m glad to have you! So, yes, you read that right. A CHRISTMAS make over! Calm down, I won’t bombard you TOO much with Christmas decor before December 1st, deal?! But, I am excited that Christmas decorating is around the corner and I’ve had this little guy I picked up over the summer, for a QUARTER, in the basement ready for a makeover! This month’s Junk Revision Challenge is Holiday Decor. What a perfect match, right? It was Rudolph’s time to SHINE!
**This post contains an affiliate link**
If you’ve been following me long enough, you know I love to thrift shop AND turn items I find into useful or neat things. Also, I’m ALWAYS moving our daughter’s play room around and making her room cute and organized. So, with Eva’s playroom on my mind, I snagged this little shelf up at the Salvation Army.
(**This post contains affiliate links**)
Heyyyyy, It’s Friday!!! Okay, Honestly, Friday when you’re a stay at home mom, feels the same as a Monday. It’s still fun though when the weekend is here. Anyways, this post is a little different than my normal DIY-ing & home decor goodies! Some gal pals and I wanted to show y’all what we have been loving lately. My post could probably could go on and on about what I’m loving, as I’m an avid shopper and am always out scoping the stores. So, I rounded up a few of my favorites. Please note, I’m not being paid to promote these products. This is ALL me. BABY
- It’s trendy, it’s hot and I’m IN LOVE with buffalo plaid this fall. I’m sure I’m NOT the only one. I did snagged this Steve Madden Infinity Scarf at good ol’ Nordstrom’s Rack the other day. It’s so easy to toss a scarf on to any outfit in the fall/winter. (FYI – Eva found my robe belt and wears it around the house as her scarf. SO.DANG.Cute.)
2. These. Candles. Oh. Em. Gee. Seriously, every candle that I’ve purchased from this company has been amazing. My favorite is Patchouli Tabac. You can purchase them online and I’ve found them at TJ MAXX, Homegoods & Marshalls.
3. I really shouldn’t buy or eat these, okay. I’ve been doing this “Figure Camp” at a local gym. But, If I need SOMETHING to curb my sweet tooth, it’s these. I actually bought them for Eva, oops! These Trader Joe Gone Bananas are Ah-mazing. Chocolate covered bananas. Oh yah. Don’t thaw them, just eat. Trader Joe’s is always a home run in the frozen section.
4. Face Products. I’m a biggie on this. No chemicals going on THIS face. BTW, have you ever checked your lotions, make ups and washes etc. and see how they measure up? Do a search of your products now, HERE. Eve Organics was introduced to me by a friend and I couldn’t be happier with this product. I have a LONG history with acne. That, thankfully, has been resolved. But, because of this I’m always skeptical about changing my face wash/routine. This product is a 10. It works great, no nasty chemicals, organic and MICHIGAN made. #ProudMichigander. I use the Eve Organic’s Balance Line.
5. Brene’ Brown’s latest book, Rising Strong. Have you heard of her? If not, check her out now. Watch her TED Talk HERE. I’ve also read Daring Greatly and The Gifts of Imperfections. I highly recommend them. She’s all about vulnerbility. I haven’t tapped too far into this book. Hoping soon though. I’ve NEVER disappointed with her work.
6. This BED. I’ve been drooling over this bed for about a year. It’s the Coleman Bed from Pottery Barn. This bed, should actually be here any day now! Oh yahhhh. The hubs and I are ready to redo our master bedroom. We completed it when we first moved in five years ago, but boy has our taste in decor CHANGED. I still have a lot of ideas for this room. I do know, that this bed will be covered in white or ivory bedding. Maybe a little added buffalo plaid for winter! I’m pretty excited about this purchase.
7. Okay, I’ve been on the hunt for new living room furniture for a long time. I always, always come back to this couch. Honestly, I really want the pottery barn WHITE slipcovered couches. The husband is NOT going there. He thinks I’m crazy with our dog and kiddo. It’s a battle I’m not going to win (FYI – I usually win) so I’m on with the next thing. Our current furniture was purchased when we were at our old home so it’s not ideal for our current home. It works, yes, but not what I’d purchase for this house! So, we getting ready to paint our living room and move our TV. Moving the TV will allow us to have more room for furniture (we have the oddest living room, ever). So, I’m thinking this Theodore Couch and two chairs from Z Gallerie will be perfect in the new room! What cha think?! It’s NOT white and it sort of looks slipcovered. Right? And, why did Z Gallerie move out of Metro Detroit? Booooo!
8. Last, but certainly not least, Twelve on Main is my current blog crush! She has such amazing ideas and I stalk her Instagram. Shhhhh, don’t tell her! I think you all should check her out too! This DIY Corn Husk Witch Broom she did. Get out. Adorbs!
I hope you enjoyed your little sneak peek into my little world! Check out what the other bloggers are loving lately through the links below. Happy browsing!
Hey hey! Welcome back and happy Wednesday. If you’re new here, a very special welcome to you!
(This is a sponsored post. All opinions and thoughts are my own).
It’s that time again for our Create and Share! This month, our fabulous blogger group teamed up with Cutting Edge Stencils. We each received an adorably cute and well crafted pillow kit. My pillow kit included a crow stencil. I’m super excited to show you how I made my pillow into my own and to share with with you ALL the other pillows too!
My front porch reveal is finally here! Let me say this, give a girl who loves to take pictures AND loves pumpkins, mums and fall…. you’re going to get A LOT of pictures!!!! My birthday was a couple weeks ago so to celebrate, we had a great dinner at my favorite restaurant (Inn Season Cafe) and we shopped for front porch decor! We grabbed a coffee on the way home and I decorated upon arrival. Mix the unnecessary caffeine (probably my third cup that day – Yikes) in with all the love and BAM, porch is done! Ha
Good Morning friends! Thanks for stopping by. Are you ready for some more spooky fun?! If you can’t tell, I love Halloween! I can’t.get.enough.
In case you missed it, check out my “Fall-O-Ween Home Tour” that I shared yesterday.
This project was inspired when these little beauties caught my eye at the local Salvation Army.
Hello and welcome to our Shabby Grace Home! I’m excited to share you with our Fall-O-Ween decor. When September hit, I was eager to get the pumpkins out. When October hit, it was time to get “spooooky.” I normally don’t get too spooky with our decor but now that our daughter is two, it’s really a lot of fun. She’s also a great helper!
It’s time again for another “Create and Share.” I still think this is just an awesome idea! A group of bloggers use ONE item and create their own masterpiece. This month’s “Create and Share” is an unfinished tray.
If you know me, you know I LOVE to shop. I enjoy scoping out all the shops, big and small, whenever I’m in a new town! When I first began this blog, I interviewed a few of my favorite store and booth owners. I really enjoyed doing it and I will continue to do this as I love supporting and promoting their shops! However, just like with anything, things change and life gets busy. One question I do get asked often is, “where do you shop?” To solve this, I figured I would make “Michigan’s Ultimate Shopping Guide.” I will continue to update and adjust the list as needed. I think it’s a great tool to have for all you shoppers out there!